Final Major Project

An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.

Upsetting



My attempt at knitted sushi




The beginnings of a scoop of soap




A dish of lawn


One of the the things I had most been looking forward to doing with this project was being able to create visual narratives from the objects I had collected but I simply haven't had the time to create them to the quality I would have liked. I tried to run through them quickly but I came against so many problems it just wasn't going to work. I have left them as type based which feels like it is going back a stage in terms of the sequence of the book. It is perhaps something I can work on in time for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment