Final Major Project
An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.
Books for show
I have discovered (too late for hand in) that the company blurb create books with my exact dimensions. For a fraction of the cost that I am getting a single book printed at a probably much poorer quality. And I could get them with a hard back cover with a dust jacket with the same spot varnished finish I have had done on the soft packaging. This is a relief as I had wanted multiples for the show so the book could be handled. It is frustrating having so little time to tie up loose ends and production needs. However not knowing what I was going to produce until quite late on in the project I see this as more of a starting point where in the future I will get the book finished to the standard I would like and for my portfolio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(99)
-
▼
June
(38)
- Transplant
- Do Not Try This at Home
- Pointless Remake Part One
- Updated Show Wall
- Last Photo
- Show Piece
- Final Cash
- Photo Improvements
- Patterns
- Printed
- Packaging
- Paranoia
- Ugly III
- Books for show
- Poster
- Cards Finished...
- Book Finished
- Ugly II
- Upsetting
- Packaging
- Moat
- Big Numerals
- Narratives
- This Week
- Proofs
- Box Packaging Evolution
- Pain II
- Reshoot
- Pain
- Ugly
- Covers
- Cards
- Some Layout
- Some Numerals
- Printing
- Colours Mark II
- A Copy of Copy
- Packaging
-
▼
June
(38)
No comments:
Post a Comment