Final Major Project

An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.

Packaging





I went all the way to Muji to find out what presentation/packaging for business cards was available but by the time I had walked 5 metres down the road I decided I wanted square cards (why change the format? bit pointless really, would look messy, would need to reshoot objects, redesign everything or squash it) and would probably have to make the box myself. Another hour wasted.

Pictured above is the style of box I want to recreate. I like that the cards are standing up and easier to flick through (more like record shopping) and the cut out semi circles reflect the aesthetics of my graphics. Obviously mine would need to be taller. I had orginally wanted to make them small enough to carry around with you, but that misses the point because you will probably have your phone/addressbook with you. The point of the cards is to interact with and rearrange them at home to create your own narratives.

I stole some dimensions and this is what it should look like:



So just need to reinterpret it and add graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment