Final Major Project

An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.

Printing




(The view from my bedroom most mornings)


Since I had such a massive creative block for the majority of the time I would have normally allocated to researching, designing, printing and finishing I have been left with a 14 day timeframe for ALL of these things.  I have seen the sun rise (4.30) for the past five days in a row either because I have got up that early or gone to sleep that late.

Because the quality of the photographic images are so important to me I have tried to dedicate as much time as possible to them, reshooting and changing some objects 5 or 6 times. This is has left me with very little time to print and bind so I am going to have to go to my least favourite printers in the world because they are the only people open 24 hours a day 7 days a week that can meet my tight deadline.

However I managed to speak to 'Chris' who when he could audibly hear me cringe over the phone when he gave me a quote suggested that I could use his "staff discount" of 50% off (amazing) and pay him in "cash". Now if this means I don't give that company any more money and Chris gets cash in hand and his boss is none the wiser I am more than happy to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment