Final Major Project

An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.

Intended Outcomes Dimensions/Details

What I am actually doing.

Transforming the numbers 0-99 into letters, then into words, then into images, then into narratives. Images will be photographs of 100 objects I have collected to represent the words. I will then use these simple images to help explain the major system to other people.


Outcome and Dimensions.

Book 180x180mm, perfect bound on satin stock 120gsm. Arctic white 200gsm matte covers. Foil Blocked Title. Colour Undecided.

Book detailing interview with world memory champion, Introduction, Background, Instructions, Illustrated examples and alternative codings for the words, numbers 0-99 represented photographically.

Small card version for people to interact with.

Still need to come up with an overall way to package these contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment