I wanted to see if I could get in contact with Dominic to see whether he would be interested in contributing a short written introduction/provide me with an interview for the book.
However on further investigation I have found in a weeks time Dominic O'Brien is giving a talk on 'Age Proof Your Brain' in London! Rather conveniently on the 26th at some horrifying 'Mind. Body. Spirit. Celebrating our Human Potential' festival. I am going to book a ticket, attempt to contact him and see if I can meet him! It would also be useful to see him explain his theory first hand and whether he has any particularly humorous examples.
Other talks available include 'Saying F**ck. It Really Works.' and 'Just Get on With It'. They all cost so much money for what is probably complete rubbish. Self Help is clearly an area to get into.
Final Major Project
An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment