What did we need to remember in past which we don't need to do now because of technology?
Basic Mathematics
Language
History
Musical Notation
Health and Safety
Geography
Spelling
Time and the Calendar
What do we need to remember now that didn't exist before the advent of new technology?
PIN numbers
Mobile Phone Number
BBM
Online Banking Number
Usernames for email/social networking sites
Passwords for email/social networking sites
Access Codes
Passport Number
Student Number
Credit Card Numbers
These are however complicated because they are not relevant to everyone, unlike early mnemonics. So either I need to find objects/situations that affect us all otherwise I will need to create a way of personalising a mnemonic system.
Objects to Remember
keys
money
travelcard
mp3 player
mobile
Final Major Project
An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(99)
-
▼
March
(26)
- The Number Shape System
- The Dominic System
- The Major System
- Phrases to Remember Numbers
- Thinking Aloud
- Despina Curtis
- Objects of Codependency
- All images have a sound
- Pencil
- Chrissie Macdonald
- Synesthesia
- I can't draw
- K.P.C.O.F.G.S.
- The Mnemonic Works of Giardano Bruno
- The Art of Memory
- Robert Brown John
- Shorthand
- Extracts from 'Not A Wake'
- I Before E (except after C)
- Cadaeic Cadenza
- Piphology
- Six types of mnemonics
- Not to be forgotten
- What is a mnemonic?
- Some Long Articles
- So why bother learning stuff?
-
▼
March
(26)
No comments:
Post a Comment