Final Major Project
An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(99)
-
▼
March
(26)
- The Number Shape System
- The Dominic System
- The Major System
- Phrases to Remember Numbers
- Thinking Aloud
- Despina Curtis
- Objects of Codependency
- All images have a sound
- Pencil
- Chrissie Macdonald
- Synesthesia
- I can't draw
- K.P.C.O.F.G.S.
- The Mnemonic Works of Giardano Bruno
- The Art of Memory
- Robert Brown John
- Shorthand
- Extracts from 'Not A Wake'
- I Before E (except after C)
- Cadaeic Cadenza
- Piphology
- Six types of mnemonics
- Not to be forgotten
- What is a mnemonic?
- Some Long Articles
- So why bother learning stuff?
-
▼
March
(26)
Stretching 'The Raven' to fit pie was quite interesting, but I never expected to see such a developed piece come out of this style of constrained writing.
ReplyDeleteThis doesn't have anything to do with mnemonics, but there's another book I know of (but can't remember the name) written in a post-apocalyptic setting. It is written in a society whose language revolves around an old library, which has the letters of the alphabet along the roof. As it's an old building, occasionally one will fall off, and when it does it is banished from their written language. The result is that the book slowly falls apart until it doesn't make any sense.
I don't know why but I thought you might find it interesting.
-Matt
Thanks Matt, I do actually find that interesting. If the title ever comes back to you please let me know.
ReplyDeleteHannah