Final Major Project

An unexpected byproduct of the digital age is that it has become harder to forget than to remember. The energy needed to obtain information from either a hard drive or the Internet has diminished to almost nothing. It is less demanding to use a search engine than memorise and retrieve information for ourselves. I intend to design and utilise of a set of contemporary mnemonics to assist memory and recognition for the digital generation.

K.P.C.O.F.G.S.


rif;

Having come to a standstill in terms of research. I am going to try and give myself some more direction by addressing what may be successful in terms of graphic outcomes for this project. I'm not trying to jump the gun, I would just like to do some visual research rather than getting caught up in pi.

The majority of mnemonics is based on word play which obviously lends itself strongly to a typographic outcome. However I think it would need to be on a grand scale in order for people to actually take notice.

Producing image mnemonics in illustrative form could also be effective as I think there is a lot of humour that can be derived by placing different images and objects together to construct the mnemonic.

Since my audience is between 16-35, my FMP is aimed at people who can't be bothered to remember rather than those slowly slipping into senility so I think it is worth contemplating a 'viral' which would be accessible on the technology we are so dependent on. However I am unsure as to whether this would this be missing the point if they need to use computers/mobile phones etc in order to access the content of the mnemonic.

If all else fails I could release a mnemonic rap for them to play on their iphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment